Edge Message #35 from Brian Sweeney, producer NZEDGE.COM
TO NEW ZEALAND EDGE GLOBAL COMMUNITY
Today’s download of news, views, provocations and affirmations includes:
120 stories of New Zealand Edgers scorching the globe:
- Russell Crowe gets Oscar nom for Gladiator
- Kerry Fox smoulders in Intimacy
- Tributes to painter Rosalie Gascoigne
- John Fisher is Canada’s leading gay rights activist
- Nick Willis runs faster than Lovelock, Snell
- Richard Tomlinson’s Big Breach hits Russia
- Gillian Weir transforms the organ
- Sir Robert Mahuta saluted
- Helen Henderson scorches Nashville
- Mike Moore kicks off 2001 world trade talks
- Don McKinnon reviews Commonwealth’s hot spots
- Fred Hollows a top 100 Australian
- Peter Jackson moves into post-production
- Bill&Hill&Jim: Bolger has a new neighbour
- Sam Neill muses on a velociraptor
- Sian Elias lone woman on Privy Council
- Plus smartwool, sauvignon summer, global dairy plays
Brain Gain debated; moaners and moroseness kicked for touch; nzedge helpful for homework; Kiwis with attitude; name change to Aotearoa; Christmas cheer (remember back then?!).
44 groovy, gritty and gutsy messages.
Two new pictures galleries have been loaded:
EDGE2: 24 visual edge metaphors – book covers, magazines and ads about history, architecture, travel, desire, debt, silicon and cricket.
EDGE VIEWS: a bunch of land and waterscapes I’ve taken on my travels around New Zealand, cityscapes are in production.
KEVIN ON CNN
This weekend CNN in the US profiles my nzedge partner Kevin Roberts in the Emmy Award-winning Pinnacle programme. Pinnacle takes an in-depth look at people who have scaled the heights of their professions or vocations. Previous subjects include Alan Greenspan and Sumner Redstone, Donna Karan and Robert Mondavi, B.B. King and Julia Child. Pinnacle’s profile of Kevin will air on CNN at these times:
Saturday February 17 2.30pm (Eastern) 11.30pm (Pacific)
Sunday February 18 7.30am(Eastern) 4.30am (Pacific)
The programme will also air on CNNfn on:
Wednesday February 21 at 10.30pm (Eastern) 7.30pm (Pacific) CNN international will air the programme at a later date. We’ll let you know when.
Happy reading and viewing from The New Zealand Edge.
co-founder and editor The New Zealand Edge
Thumbnail: Early morning mist shrouds Para Matchitt’s sculpture, How we got Here on Wellington’s city-to-sea bridge. The iconography evokes the sea, the land, navigation, journey and arrival.