How to Skip Winter Without Missing Ski Season: Travel to New Zealand
“A land of tree roots and butterflies and sea cliffs: not only is New Zealand a volcanic dreamland, it’s also one of the safest and socially progressive countries in the world”, writes Emily Hill in an article for The Huffington Post.
In her article Hill lists several reasons why you should travel to New Zealand right now.
- The Exchange Rate Rocks: It pays to check the exchange rate before travelling to New Zealand. If you are lucky (at the moment), the expensive New Zealand will be quite affordable thanks to a strong U.S. dollar, according to Hill.
- Just Named One of the Safest Countries in the World: New Zealand was named the 4th safest country worldwide in the 2015 Global Peace Index. In addition there are no predatory mammals, snakes, or indigenous poisonous insects.
- Ranked Top 5 Most Socially Accepting Country: New Zealand also was recently ranked in the top five most socially advanced countries in the world. And also is leading in water and sanitation, access to education, and inclusion of minority groups according to the annual Social Progress Index.
- They Give Out (Work/Holiday) Visas Like Candy: If you are under 30 it is really easy to get a working holiday visa, which is valid for one year.
- Leave Now to Skip Winter: Seasons are opposite in the Southern Hemisphere, so you can actually escape northern hemisphere winter if you travel to New Zealand now. On the slopes of Mt. Ruapehu on New Zealand’s North Island you can also ski year-round.
Article Source: Huffington Post, Emily Hill, October 28, 2015.
Image Source: Wikipedia