Edge Message #4 from Brian Sweeney, producer NZEDGE.COM
Dear NZEDGE.COM member
Those of you who read North & South in November will have already been introduced to my partner in crime, Brian Sweeney. There’s no place left for him to hide now so I’ll introduce the rest of The NZ Edge Family to him.
Brian is the relentless, idealistic, inspirational talent who creates, questions and brings the Edge to life. He’s the executive editor of nzedge.com, my friend, my co-believer and my partner in the journey.
We’ve been working on The New Zealand Edge idea for two years, and have now come through the proof-of-concept phase into full production. So watch out!
The afterburners are about to be lit. Brian’s bio is on the website… (am still trying to convince him to include a photo that won’t frighten the children).
NZEDGE.COM NEW CONTENT IN MARCH 2000
Over 60 messages about the New Zealand Edge idea. We welcome new members from Abu Dhabi, Auckland,
Bellport New York, Burnham, Christchurch, Dallas, Gisborne, Hawera, Invercargill, London, Lower Hutt, Manukau, Melbourne, San Francisco, Shanghai, Suai, Tucson, Upper Moutere, Waikanae and Wellington.
- New biography in our “Heroes” section of Jean Batten, our “Garbo of the Skies”.
- New details of the life of the remarkable WH Atack, inventor of the referee’s whistle, and an irascible pioneer of New Zealand journalism.
- Update to the story of revolutionary biologist Allan Wilson, generously provided by Rowan Taylor, who has also supplied a full list of Wilson’s publications.
- Over 70 new images.
- A Queenstown Gallery showing off this spectacular Edge location in summer.
- An LA Edge Gallery plus commentary, celebrating our most important Northern Hemisphere gateway, and recognising the number of Californian members of nzedge.com.
- New global maps sans New Zealand.
- New Silver Ferns gallery.
We are working on several developments: a “Buy” section which will give you access to a highly eclectic range of content; a New Zealand international news review; and ideas for developing the Community aspects of The New Zealand Edge, including an Ideas Exchange, Member Profiles and inter-Edge communications. Stay with us.
Many of you will know about Peak Performance theory developed by Kevin and his colleagues from the Waikato Management School of the University of Waikato, Professors Mike Pratt and Clive Gilson, and Dr Ed Weymes. Their book Peak Performance: Business Lessons from the World’s Greatest Sports Organizations, has been published by Harper Collins as their #1 business book of 2000.
Please visit the PPO website – http://www.mngt.waikato.ac.nz/ppo –
for more details about PPO Theory, and recent reviews.
POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE
Kevin has been invited to contribute a column to Australasia’s most visited website, Telecom New Zealand’s Xtra portal. Postcards from the Edge provides a contemporary angle on The New Zealand Edge.
See you in a week.