Waitomo Glowworm Caves – One of The World’s Coolest Underground Attractions
New Zealand’s Waitomo Glowworm Caves have been featured as one of the world’s coolest underground attractions in an article on News.com.au.
“Found below rolling green hills about two hours south of Auckland, these native glow-in-the-dark worms make for one of the coolest sci-fi shows in nature,” writes Katie Coakley in the article.
“Tours will take you on a boat ride down an underground river, and while there are other activities available in the caves, seeing the glow-worms scattered like stars is a highlight.”
These are the Other World’s Coolest Underground Attractions
- The Jarvis Estate, California, US
- Llechwedd Slate Caverns, Snowdonia, Wales
- Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira, Zipaquira, Colombia
- Cumberland Caverns, Tennessee, US
- Coober Pedy, South Australia
- Forestiere Underground Gardens, California, US
- Dambulla Cave Temple, Sri Lanka
- Dom im Berg, Graz, Austria
- Qinshihuang Mausoleum, Xi’an, China
- The Cavern Suite at Grand Canyon Caverns, Arizona, US
To read more about each of these attractions please click here.
Article Source: News.com.au, Katie Coakley, November 21, 2016
Image Source: Twitter – Discover Waitomo