Best Places To Hike In New Zealand
As the New Zealand summer is quickly approaching, people from all over the world flock to New Zealand. A guest post on Buzzfeed lists some amazing places to go hiking in New Zealand.
- There are many great hiking trails for all levels in Akaroa, a small town situated within the Akaroa Bay on Banks Peninsula on New Zealand’s South Island.
- New Plymouth is “home to amazing bush walks in the middle of the city” and has many amazing coastal walkways.
- The Waitakere Ranges surrounding Piha in Auckland have many different hiking trails.
- The walking trail to the Hunua Falls in Hunua is one of the most well-known hikes in the area. According to the post, the walk takes about 3 to 4 hours and is a fairly easy trail.
- The Milford Track in Milford Sound “allows you to experience the amazing grandeur of Fiordland National Park” with “ice-carved valleys, beautiful rivers flowing from the glaciers, amazing mountain passes and forests with cascading waterfalls.”
The guest post also references the Tongariro National Park, Abel Tasman National Park, Te Anau and Aoraki.
Article Source: Buzzfeed, User Post (doggocatbird), October 30, 2016
Image Source: Wikipedia