Top Beach Hotels on NZ’s South Island
New Zealand’s South Island is known for its “dramatic scenery, captivating wildlife and splendid isolation.” “Beach resorts and retreats on New Zealand’s South Island make the most of dramatic views, as well as offering a tranquil getaway,” writes Dan F Stapleton in a Guardian article that recommends 10 Top Beach Hotels and B&B’s on New Zealand’s South Island.
- Hotel St Clair is located in Dunedin’s “main waterfront leisure district St Clair”. The 26-room boutique hotel on the waterfront offers “simple, modern accommodation” with floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Dunedin Holiday Park is located a short walk from St Clair beach and is a perfect base to explore the nearby Otago Peninsula – “a beautiful (and virtually uninhabited) region of rolling hills, rugged beaches – and sea lions.”
- Cable Bay Lodge “feels like a secluded retreat” according to the article. The Lodge has a no-kids policy and the comfortable treehouse cabins overlook the water.
- The Waters, Tasman is a three-suite guesthouse that’s “ideal for couples looking to escape for a weekend, or longer.” The suites are on a “10-hectare olive grove and vineyard, and there are gorgeous views in every direction.”
- The Abel Tasman Marahau Lodge is “the perfect base for families and couples who want to take advantage of the activities on offer in Abel Tasman national park”, as reported in the article.
Also recommended in the article are the Greymouth Seaside Top 10 Holiday Park, the Punakaiki Resort and the Beachfront Hotel, Hokitika on the South Island’s West Coast, the Stewart Island Lodge in Southland and the SurfWatch Getaway Cottages, Kaikoura in Canterbury. To read more about these beach resorts and holiday parks, please click here.
Article Source: The Guardian, Dan F Stapleton, January 13, 2016
Image Source: Twitter – PureDestinations