New Zealand’s Great Walks on Google Street View
“Google announced the addition of its new Street View imagery from New Zealand’s Great Walks on Thursday”, writes Michael De Waal-Montgomery in an article on VentureBeat.
The update includes six of the nine famous New Zealand ‘Great Walks’.
- The Milford Track is probably the most famous New Zealand track with alpine and fiord scenery according to Tourism NZ.
- The Kepler Track was featured in an opening aerial shotin The Fellowship of the Rings and leads hikers through the Fiordland National Park.
- The Abel Tasman Track is located at the top of the South Island. Highlights are sand beaches and beautiful bays.
- The Lake Waikaremoana Track follows the lakeshore for most of its length and according to Active Adventures NZ it is a great place for swimming and fishing.
- Heaphy Track: “TheEnchanted Forest on the Heaphy Track will leave you expecting to see Hobbits at every turn”, according to VentureBeat.
- The Routeburn Track offers fantastic views of the Southern Alps.
- The Rakiura track is located on Stewart Island “where nature is very much in charge” and scenery “has barely changed in thousands of year”, according to Tourism NZ.
Article Source: VentureBeat, Michael De Waal-Montgomery, November 4, 2015
Image Source: Wikipedia