New Zealand Attractions Named in the 2015 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards
A number of New Zealand attractions including the amusement parks Splash Planet and Rainbow’s End have been recognised in the TripAdvisor 2015 Travelers’ Choice Awards.
Hawke’s Bay’s water park Splash Planet has been voted the sixth best Amusement & Water Park in the South Pacific in the ranking based on millions of reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor travellers across the globe.
“It makes the effort we put in really worthwhile,” said Paula Murdoch, the acting Splash Planet manager.
“It’s an iconic park for Hastings, and certainly does its bit to draw tourists.”
Rainbow’s End was ranked seventh in the awards for the Top Amusement and Water Parks in the South Pacific Region.
Furthermore two iconic Auckland attractions were ranked as Top Attractions in their categories. Auckland Zoo was voted the fifth best zoo and Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium was voted the fourth best aquarium in the South Pacific.
“To be rated amongst the very best in our part of the world speaks to the qualities of Auckland Zoo as a progressive conservation organisation that’s focused on creating meaningful connections between people and wildlife to help save species from extinction”, said Jonathan Wilcken, Auckland Zoo Director.
For the full list of the best Amusement & Water Parks in the South Pacific Region see below.
Top 10 Amusement Parks & Water Parks – South Pacific
1. Dreamworld – Coomera, Australia
2. Bluewater Lagoon – Mackay, Australia
3. WetSide Water Education Park –Hervey Bay, Australia
4. Sea World – Main Beach, Australia
5. Aussie World – Queensland, Australia
6. Splash Planet – Hastings, NZ
7. Rainbow’s End Theme Park – Manukau, NZ
8. Warner Bros. Movie World – Oxenford, Australia
9. Jambeero Action Park – Jambeero, Australia
10. Whitewater World – Coomera, Australia
Article Source: Trip Advisor
Image Source: Twitter – Rainbow’s End