What to Do in New Zealand
21-year-old Taylor Gleason has travelled to 65 countries, “documenting it all — in classic millennial fashion — on an Instagram account that has amassed an impressive 65,800 followers,” writes Brittany Kriegstein in an article for Business Insider. Gleason gave Business Insider “an exclusive look into his top picks of things to do on the two main islands” of New Zealand – one of his favourite destinations.
Gleason says New Zealand stands out to him because of its “beautiful scenery, laid-back locals, and endless adrenaline-infused activities.”
For some of his recommendations please see below.
- Visit “one of the leading International Antarctica research centers and see a population of adorable penguins” in Christchurch.
- In Queenstown bungee jump off Kawarau Bridge and take in the gorgeous scenery from high up in a hang glider.
- Head out for a kayak or boat cruise on Milford Sound.
- Dive with wild Great White Sharks in Bluff.
- Discover where the Lord of the Rings movies were filmed (Wellington, Hobbiton…).
- Learn about Maori culture in Rotorua and go black water rafting at the Waitomo Caves.
- Try out sledging, a unique water activity that involves breezing down river rapids “on what is essentially a floating sled.”
- In Auckland jump off Sky Tower and go surfing on Piha beach.
Article Source: Business Insider, Brittany Kriegstein, August 15, 2016
Image Source: Wikipedia