Top 10 Adventure Things You Can Only Do in New Zealand
David Whitley has collected the Top 10 Adventure Activities you can only do in New Zealand.
- Flying into a volcano: White Island is located 48km offshore from Whakatane in the Bay of Plenty and is one of the most accessible active volcanoes on earth. Helicopters can even land in the crater.
- Railway Buggying: Forgotten World Adventures offers trips of varying lengths on decommissioned railway lines through numerous tunnels, past country towns and hillsides.
- Fishing from a Jet Boat: Fishjet in Te Anau combines trout fishing and jet boating down the Waiau River next to Fiordland National Park.
- Glowworm boating: Real Journeys takes visitors on a trip across Lake Te Anau and has them floating through glow-worm caves in small tin boats.
- Cave Tubing: The Waitomo Glow Worm Caves offer the ultimate thrill with their Black Abyss experience that involves abseiling down into the caves, taking zip lines through them and downstream floating in rubber tubes.
- Kiwi tracking: Kiwis are relatively hard to spot in the wild. Bravo Adventure Cruises runs a boat trip to a remote beach where they like to hang out.
- Hand-feeding stingrays: Dive Tatapouri’s Reef Ecology Tour at Tatapouri on the East Cape of the North Island teaches guests about the fish swimming around them and shows them how to feed wild stingrays.
- The Rere Rockslide: The Rere Rockslide is a natural slope in the Wharekopae River that makes for a speedy 70-metre plunge into the pools below. Dive Tatapouri kits out guests with body boards to take on the slide.
- Luging: At The Luge at the Skyline Gondola station visitors can sit in a rudimentary go-kart and charge around a fairly steep and often bumpy downhill racetrack.
- Kayaking on Tasman Lake: Glacier Kayaking takes visitors out for a paddle around the baby bergs that periodically break off the glacier.
Article Source: Traveller.com.au, David Whitley, December 09, 2015
Image Source: Facebook – Dive Tatapouri