The 7 Most Stunning Lakes in New Zealand
In a blog post Matt – self-proclaimed Adventurer, Instagrammer and New Zealand travel planning expert – featured seven of New Zealand most stunning lakes.
“New Zealand is a land of picturesque lakes, often painted and photographed for their arresting elegance and tranquil resplendence. The raw beauty of New Zealand has remained intact over the years, its natural glory still relatively unaffected,” he writes in his article.
See below for the seven lakes that made his selection.
- Lake Taupo is New Zealand’s largest lake and is located in the central North Island.
- The famous adventure capital Queenstown lies at Lake Wakatipu, which is New Zealand’s longest lake. The Remarkables (a mountain range) rise in the background and create a “stunning backdrop for this natural beauty” according to Matt.
- Lake Tekapo with its unique turquoise color might just be New Zealand’s most famous lake.
- The Emerald Lakes, which shine in emerald are part of the Tongariro Alpine Crossing in Tongariro National Park.
- Champagne Pool is a prominent geothermal feature within the Waiotapu geothermal area in the North Island of New Zealand.
- Lake Wanaka, located right next to the town Wanaka “breathes serenity”.
- Distinctively Blue Lake Pukaki boasts a fascinating range of colours at its shorelines.
Article Source: BackPackingMatt (blog), August 17, 2012
Image Source: Wikipedia