Fun Things To Do In Wellington
“Located at the south-western tip of North Island” Wellington is definitely worth a visit,” writes Hanna Hussein for the Straits Times. In her article she recommends the top activities you must do in Wellington.
- Te Papa: When in Wellington you should head to Te Papa, the national museum of New Zealand. Its “exhibits are innovative and interactive, telling stories of New Zealand’s unique geological, biological, cultural and social history in new and exciting ways,” according to the article.
- Mount Victoria: “Get a 360-degree view of the city and harbour, and a great photo opportunity at Mt Victoria Lookout” The mount was a filming location for both Lord Of The Rings and Disney’s new film, Pete’s Dragon.
- Bars and Restaurant Scene: “Wellington is said to have more bars and restaurants per capita than New York City,” writes Hussein. The city is also known for its craft beer and coffee scene.
- Cable Car: The iconic Wellington Cable Car from Lambton Quay to Kelburn will get you to a lookout, the Cable Car Museum and Space Place at Carter Observatory. The article recommends walking down back to the city through the beautiful Botanic Garden.
- Zealandia Sanctuary: Zealandia, located just a 10-minute drive from downtown Wellington, is a project that “aims to return a 225-hectare section of bush to its pre-human state.”
To read all of the article’s recommendations please click here.
Article Source: The Straits Times, Hanna Hussein, October 6, 2016
Image Source: Wikipedia